John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having troubling figuring out what part I have on my 625i. I am not mechanically inclined but I have coolant coming out of a screw on this part. I tried tightening, no success. I want to figure out what the best solution for this is or buying a new part.
Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Engineering Gas
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
My guess is new gasket will fix the problem unless issues are found on the metal sealing surfaces.
You can look up the illustrated parts at Jd corporate site. www.Jdparts.com

Also be aware it can be difficult getting the air out of the cooling system when refilling.

Post back how the repairs go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the gasket replaced. The toughest part is getting air out of the cooling system. I had to unscrew the bleeder bolt and the cap on the radiator and pour in coolant and raise the front of the gator with my jack. hoping I got all the air out. I let it idle for about 20 minutes and have not gotten the temp light on the dash.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Thank you for posting back the fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a 625I and have a question maybe you could answer. Potnetially post a pictre or two for me..
Is there a hose coming from the fitting at the bleeder bolt? If so, how does it terminate? Where does it drain to or connect? i have attempted to get this info from forum members but to date no one has responded.
Thanks

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
I own a 625I and have a question maybe you could answer. Potnetially post a pictre or two for me..
Is there a hose coming from the fitting at the bleeder bolt? If so, how does it terminate? Where does it drain to or connect? i have attempted to get this info from forum members but to date no one has responded.
Thanks
Can you take a photo of the “bleeder bolt” or indicate where it is located on the diagrams below?

On edit: Look at second and third image, a hose from the banjo bolt “bleeder bolt” connects to the water pump cover.

Font Line Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

Rectangle Font Screenshot Line Slope

Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Parallel Publication

1 - 8 of 8 Posts