John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I am looking to ad an extra rim and tire to the fleet of my gators at the shop. I have two style Turf gators. WOTURFD0058xx and WOTURFD0507xx. In the parts manual online it lists two different rear rims for this model. Part number AM143567 and AM136139. A call to the J-D dealer with my serial numbers and it was still undecided to which went to my machines.

The AM143567 has a hub opening of 3.129 and the AM136139 has a hub opening of 3.150. The hub opening on both of my machines rims is 3.19. The offset is the same on both rear rims on both my machines. The part numbers do not cross to each other. The 136139 is about $40 more. The bolt pattern is the same for both. The offset I was told was slightly different between the two.

Any ideas on what rim is the correct one or does it really not matter that much? There is no part number stamped on either of my rims.

Thanks for any help
Sean

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
What is the hub dimension on the axles? (assuming it has one). This might dictate which one is the better choice.

One would think the dealer could contact the mother ship and ask for technical/sales support.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the hub dimension on the axles? (assuming it has one). This might dictate which one is the better choice.

One would think the dealer could contact the mother ship and ask for technical/sales support.
Hub dimension with the plastic cover on was approx 3.190. I would assume the tighter one would be better. AM143567

They are a good dealer and sell quite a few turf gators to golf courses. We were on the phone for a while. The parts guy looked up sales for both rims and they were about the same for the last year....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That's the way I would go.

Found it helpful to apply a bit of hi temp wheel bearing grease to keep the rust at bay to minimize wheel removal force from hub.

Reactions: Sean2202
1 - 4 of 4 Posts