John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my deal look at the crack in my bed of my 550 s4. It is located by the tail gate center screw. This is what the dealer said, in his email, after looking at it.

hello mr vanderpool i am finished with the brake issue and we put the new kit deere has been having us put on,i took pics of the crack in the bed.it looks like to me that the robot they have putting these things together got carried away with tightening the hardware,i am sending pics to deere on this,im sure i will get a call from them and we can see what they will do for us,i would like to get your unit back to you manana,how does that work for you ?

I'll keep you posted on what they say. In case anyone else might have this problem.​

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got my 550 s4 back on Friday. Gulf Trackor replaced the clutch with 14MX234 Kit from John Deere. It looks like this time they tested it. The Hour Meter had about an extra hour on it and it had gone through some mud. They replaced the parking brake assembly so it's working now. It shifts very smooth but for how long that's the question? Hoping now they will do something about the cracked bed.​

·
Registered
27 Posts
at least your engine didn't throw the cam in 5 miles, only .5 of that i got to ride. Something is out of sorts as it appears folks are not doing a very good finial inspection before these four seaters leave out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iwmoore I've heard a lot of horror stories about the 550 s4 and I'm sorry to hear about yours. I've had mine in the shop 3 times mostly for the shifting problems. No engine problems but I try to keep a fuel additive in it. SeaFoam I found to be the best it takes alot of the smell out of the exhaust and the engine seems to run smoother.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an email from my dealer today. They got a new bed for my 550 s4 and are going to replace it under warrentee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts