John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for engine replacement options on a 2012 825i gator as I cracked my block.

I know it is a Chery engine and was wondering if you can use a used Geo engine or if that option does not work. Just looking for some possibilities.

Thanks

·
*In memory and respect- RIP*
4,314 Posts
Looking for engine replacement options on a 2012 825i gator as I cracked my block.

I know it is a Chery engine and was wondering if you can use a used Geo engine or if that option does not work. Just looking for some possibilities.

Thanks
Check online at Power Sports Nation in Norfolk Nebraska they’re a large used part warehouse, they generally have engines available.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Does the original poster want to post an progress update?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks
My engine is seized and am also currently looking for a replacement engine. Has any one tried one of these?

Amazon.com: zt truck parts SQR372 800cc Gasoline Engine Assembly Fit for Chery QQ Engine Joyner Trooper: Automotive

Just looking for options.

·
4,314 Posts
Reactions: eyeboltman

·
4,314 Posts
Yes, 11-12 week delivery and $2500.
Their inventory must be off, they show one on hand, yes 2500 however they refund a core charge of 200-400. Perhaps they can give you something for your engine ?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
+1 for reporting back on the resolution and experience.

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to update. I purchased and installed the above engine from Amazon. It's an exact fit. Came with intake, exhaust manifold gaskets, and an oil filter. Got me back up and running for less than $2,000.
i know this is an older post but I am in a similar situation need an engine for a 2015 825I Gator. Have you had any problems with the engine? still a good deal. Thanks I am about to pull the trigger was looking for some input

·
Registered
5 Posts
i know this is an older post but I am in a similar situation need an engine for a 2015 825I Gator. Have you had any problems with the engine? still a good deal. Thanks I am about to pull the trigger was looking for some input

I've only put about 4 hours on the engine, but so far so good. So there is one issue with the fit. The oil pan on these engines is a little deeper. I have not been able to install the skid plate that mounts under the engine. If I were to do it over again, I would reuse the old oil pan and pickup tube. Also, because the oil pan is deeper, the engine requires about a extra quart of oil to read full.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only put about 4 hours on the engine, but so far so good. So there is one issue with the fit. The oil pan on these engines is a little deeper. I have not been able to install the skid plate that mounts under the engine. If I were to do it over again, I would reuse the old oil pan and pickup tube. Also, because the oil pan is deeper, the engine requires about a extra quart of oil to read full.
How’s it doing? Thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts