John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put these on their Gator and of so did you paint them, I just think they would look better painted. I'm thinking yellow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, I powder coated mine black. Looks a lot better. But I wanted mine to be hidden and not seen. The silver aluminum stood out like a sore thumb. Yellow may look good if your wheels are yellow.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Are these the ones from deere????

That might be a lot of yellow?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think JD green and yellow is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! But that might be a lot of area for just yellow.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not bad looking at all. I would like mine anodized Black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Batman,

I did powder coat in black and they look good. I like it because they are hidden and not shinny. The black out look.

If they are not black they end up being the only uncoated, chrome looking part. I didn't want attention drawn to cv covers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, they do kinda stick out like a diamond in a goats a$$. I don't think paint will last going thru brush and such. I'm a little disappointed in these that Deere would send them out in the condition I got them. Probably cost more to get them powder coated than they cost..it's only 150 miles to the closest shop that does powder coating. They make some bed liner paint that real thick, I may get a piece of scrap and try. I think it would hold up much better than paint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Magilla12,

I got lucky and have a shop near me that does powder coating. They put my parts in with a large batch they were doing and it only cost me $20.

It should last as long as the powder coating on the frame will last..??

The aluminum look is not terrible, it just doesnt fit in with the rest of the machine.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree, they do kinda stick out like a diamond in a goats a$$. I don't think paint will last going thru brush and such. I'm a little disappointed in these that Deere would send them out in the condition I got them. Probably cost more to get them powder coated than they cost..it's only 150 miles to the closest shop that does powder coating. They make some bed liner paint that real thick, I may get a piece of scrap and try. I think it would hold up much better than paint.
I think the bed liner spray will do good. I know ppl that use that all over there sxs and atvs.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Looks good!!!!!!!!

Hey.................you have a blown off sticker too!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
One of my guys washing it blew the other one on my tailgate off.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Sweet!!!!!!!!!! Looking good Magilla!!!! I like these kind of threads!!!!!!!

I need to get mine cleaned up and get my light bars installed and get it ready for the trail ride.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bar installed.

Close up of the bracket.

Finished, now to the other side.

These nerf bars are solid, strong and look good. Another quality Deere part.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts