John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new here as of tonight. My Dad has an 09 xuv, I think 625CCs. Directly under the shift lever, on the floor, under the cup holders there is a CV joint that got very hot and started to leak grease. My question is, how in the world does one get at it? I can just barely see part of it. Looks to be a major tear apart. Anyone understand the one I'm talking about? Probably should get the FSM if I'm going to have to repair it. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ah yes, the ole carrier bearing! If i remember correctly, you have to get under the machine to remove the bolts holding the carrier bearing. Then you have to remove the shaft out the back of the gator in order to change it! Good luck! IT's not too bad, if you use the right cuss words!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2012 it cost me 360 odd dollars for the part and 200 odd dollars for labor. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cv joint

Ah yes, the ole carrier bearing! If i remember correctly, you have to get under the machine to remove the bolts holding the carrier bearing. Then you have to remove the shaft out the back of the gator in order to change it! Good luck! IT's not too bad, if you use the right cuss words!
Don't mean to question your answer to my dilemma but I don't think what I described is the carrier bearing, that seems pretty straight forward. What I am talking about is farther toward the front under the skid plates on the part of the drive shaft that is on an angle back to the carrier bearing. Thanks, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts