John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the alternator on my 6x4 diesel gator because i wasn't getting more that 11 volts from the battery with it running. I charged the battery and put on the new alternator. I now get 12.5 volts before starting and after it starts with no increased voltage when the engine is revved up. The belt is tight. Also I now have the battery warning light coming on in the dash. The lights and other electrical all work but as expected there is a drop in voltage when the are switched on. Do I need a new regulator? Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just replaced the alternator on my 6x4 diesel gator because i wasn't getting more that 11 volts from the battery with it running. I charged the battery and put on the new alternator. I now get 12.5 volts before starting and after it starts with no increased voltage when the engine is revved up. The belt is tight. Also I now have the battery warning light coming on in the dash. The lights and other electrical all work but as expected there is a drop in voltage when the are switched on. Do I need a new regulator? Any other ideas?
And does anyone know where the voltage regulator is lovated on a 6x4 diesel?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Example only. You need to research the correct part based on your PIN

John Deere Parts Catalog

TH 6X4 Gator Utility Vehicle (Diesel) - PC9602 40 Electrical ST559874 - Alternator, 40 A
Voltage Regulator
Part Number MIA884644
Description
Regulator - REGULATOR ASSY
Remarks
SUB FOR M805143

Cost approximately $300.

www.jdparts.com

Did you have the old alternator tested to prove it was bad? Could be wiring issue elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts