John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m a new member looking for some help and advice. We’ve got a 2019 6x4 diesel gator and it’s running like sh*t and getting worse. We’ve just had a full service by JD so it’s not any of the filters etc. The service did not cause the issue as it was running a bit slow before but we had the service to try and resolve the issue thinking maybe air filter or fuel filter. By running bad I mean it just seems to have no go! When it’s in neutral it revs ok but seems a little slow to respond and It’s dropped in overground speed by roughly 60%.. any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts
I suggest you throughly clean both clutch’s with hot soapy water and or non chlorinated brake cleaner followed by compressed air and replace the belt.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If you didn’t completely drain and verify fuel is 100% clean without any flow obstructions, servicing will not solve anything.

assuming compression is good and no field mice nest in intake or clogged exhaust, poor performance is usually related to fuel quality and delivery.
It also pays to disassemble the filter housing to make certain something isn’t in the passages restricting flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts