John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum here. I had a Ranger 700 but it was stolen a couple weeks ago so I am looking to replace it. I have been talking to the Guys a John Deere and am planning to Buy a 850i Trail that they have. What do you guys think after running them a while. Should I get one of them? Trying to decide between that and a Polaris Ranger. I use it for field riding and a little pleasure riding. Just kind of an all round utility vehicle on the farm but like to be able to take it into the hills.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.

read though some of the post of people asking just what you are. you'll find RZR guys, Can-am guys and everything inbetween saying that its hard to beat a RSX for the price and its multi-function role.

We have guys that ride sand, mude, pasture and mountian terrain...the RSX handles it all. I never drove a Ranger but im just gona take a wild guess and say that the RSX would blow its doors off.

Buy with confidence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I have been reading this forum for about a week now and was pretty sold till I read the sticky about the problems people are haveing. Biggest thing I am worried about is reliability.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You will mostly hear the negative things about anything. I bet if you found a Polaris Ranger forum, you'd read the same things.

There are a lot of RSX's out there and most are running pretty good! I have one personally, work for a dealership and love my machine.

·
Registered
904 Posts
These forums are great, but you will also read about a lot of bad things. I love my RSX and I am a big diehard Polaris person, but I would not trade my RSX. As you can see in my sig I have a RZR, but that is a different machine really. I have not had any problems with my gator so far, knock on wood, and I beat on her pretty good.

I like what xd2311 said, Buy with Confidence. I felt confident with my RSX from the time I signed the dotted line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts