John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rarely write “woohoo posts” but man this one had to be shared. I’ve had quads, UTV’s, highly modified golf cart and boats… I’ve done a million upgrades but never … I mean N E V E R has one had the cost / benefit / impact of Docs 825i clutch weight kit and springs. Most performance mods come with some giveback to gain the advertised increases, whether its drivability or something … Not this kit! My 825 is smoother shifting, you can actually talk to the passenger at 15 mph, acceleration is like butter, my engine revs are way down and my top end speed increased by 4 MPH.

It was as easy as could be to put in, in fact so easy that as I finished up I reviewed my steps to make sure something wasn't missed because it felt too simple. A few important points to keep in mind if doing this, remembering I did mine on an S4, not sure if the 2-seater is the same...

1. Either buy or borrow a primary clutch puller. My local Deere service mgr let me borrow one. With it removal takes 30 seconds, without it will be a month blood and swearing.
2. Plan to either fight your belt shroud like its an alligator or remove the top rear shock bolt.
3. There are a couple shroud bolts that are best accessed from the rear, sitting under the bumper.
4. When removing the factory weights a little bit of torch work to warm the allen bolt will help, along with a good punch and a few good raps and they will come out.
5. I put a little white lithium grease on them when I put the weights back on it slid together like nothing.
6. Watch the Venom video on YouTube, it helps. see below

If you had less than $200 and one mod to consider, this one is an absolute no-brainier. My 825i S4 is like a new machine to me again.

PM me anytime for assistance or other feedback

John

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
John, thank you for your kind words.
We truly appreciate your business.

All the best,

Brad and Doc
JD Clutch Doc
[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Glad to hear that you like this upgrade. It's something I want to do, time/money permitting. Upload a video some time if you get a chance?

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Just out of curiosity, would a HPX Diesel get similar results with this upgrade?

I don’t believe Venom Products offer a clutch kit for the HPX

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 2 questions:

a) If the chart of the Venom conversion kit is accurate why in the world would JD Corporate hesitate to fit/retro fit the recommended springs/weights? Seems like it would be a win/win for improved corporate responsibility to a known product issue and improved resulting customer relations.

b) Does a 2014 model 625I share the same clutch/spring/weight set up as the 825 model...would similar results be obtained for the smaller engine?

Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have 2 questions:

a) If the chart of the Venom conversion kit is accurate why in the world would JD Corporate hesitate to fit/retro fit the recommended springs/weights? Seems like it would be a win/win for improved corporate responsibility to a known product issue and improved resulting customer relations.
This is a really good question that for the life of me I can't answer. I can only surmise that they outsource their clutches and drive train for these. The clutch on there "works" without having to spend R&D and testing on the new setup to have to integrate in China.

I can simply tell you from my experience, the Venom curves feel real with the "seat of the pants" meter I have. I'm telling everyone ... if you gave me my money back and told to re-buy the kit again but for double ... I would.

I hope the 2nd question is YES for everyone's sake.

John
BTW- I have no affiliation with Doc or Brad or anything to do with the company other than being a completely satisfied customer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have an 855D that I put a turbo on and posed a question on this but never got a response. I'll have the same question on an 865R at some point. I don't think there's enough of them out there to get their interest.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Question, I have a 2013 825i and would like to purchase the kit, where would I be able to pick one up?

·
Super Moderator
2,659 Posts
Question, I have a 2013 825i and would like to purchase the kit, where would I be able to pick one up?

Contact JD Clutch Doc for information on Venom Performance Shift Kit. They are a authorized dealer for Venom Products.

[email protected]

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have 2 questions:

b) Does a 2014 model 625I share the same clutch/spring/weight set up as the 825 model...would similar results be obtained for the smaller engine?

Thank you
Sorry, but the 625 has a completely different clutch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
MBDiagman...thanks for the update...Brad

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 825 is smoother shifting, you can actually talk to the passenger at 15 mph, acceleration is like butter, my engine revs are way down and my top end speed increased by 4 MPH.
Yeeaahhh... I'm gonna need some proof of this claim!

Weights and springs do not change the gearing, which is what's needed to achieve more speed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts