John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 6x4 gator, and the grille/emblem (between the headlights) is missing from the front of the hood. I have seen a number of gators missing this part. The online Deere parts catalog does not show this as a separate item. Does anybody here know if it can be bought (without buying a complete new hood) or of a suitable replacement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'm going to reply to my own thread (shameless, I know). I've looked and looked and cannot find a replacement Gator front grille/emblem, new or used.

But, I did find something that might work "good enough" (at least to cover the round hole left by the missing grille/emblem) ... an aftermarket John Deere license plate for about $12 (if you include shipping).

I held an old state license plate up against my 6x4's front grille area, and it looks like I would need to trim about 1/2 inch from the top and bottom of the license plate to get it to fit in the recessed area where my missing grille/emblem was. With a little bit of artistic talent, I think I can make it look pretty good. I'll be darned if I buy a whole new hood just to get it to look right.

The JD license plates can be bought from greencrazy.com, specifically:

John Deere Toys and Merchandise Superstore

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Final closure for me on this thread.

After browsing the "official" John Deere parts data base (access if offered by a number of websites), I happened to do a search for "grille" and "Gator".

It vectored me to the Gator "Decals" section, and on a single parts page showed a bunch of the classic Gator decals that you can order individually.

The first one shown was called a grille used on the front of a number of gators, including the 6x4.

It is solid black with a yellow circle in the middle ... the circle has the yellow deere deer in it, and yellow letters spelling "John Deere". It was about $17 or $19, maybe plus shipping, can't remember. It is JD part number M125076.

I ordered it, and it fits perfectly in the grille area of my 2002 6x4. It is not the classic "decal" of very thin adhesive plastic sheet ... it is actually about 1/16" (maybe a little thinner) thick plastic and has a textured/pebbled surface, with a peel off 3M paper on the back covering the adhesive.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Good Find!!!!! Glad to hear you got your problem resolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.