John Deere Gator Forums banner

Drive Belt

23K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  Batman 
#1 ·
I think my drive belt blew, and I'm not sure where to find it. Anyone had to change theirs yet, and if so, how do you get to it?

#3 ·
I bet you are not. Under the seats, sounds like a pain to change. I know some ppl swear if you break the belt in right it will last. The only thing I have ever had break a belt was if it got burnt or smoked, using high gear when driving to slow, and after it got water in the CVT case.

#4 ·
I'm just guessing its the belt, something popped and it was done. I did talk to my dealer and they are going to fix it under warranty so I'm not quite so mad. Glad I bought the extended service plan. On a brighter note I got a coupon for $150.00 worth of JD stuff in the mail today.

#6 ·
I got one also and good deal on the belt. Way to go dealer and Deere.

#10 ·
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing shredded up good. You have to take half the cockpit apart to change the belt. If JD is reading this, that is a fail in my book, other than that, no complaints here.

#12 ·
I need to call my dealer and see if they have that tool. I would think when they sell equipment, that have the specialty tools to work on them, unless they don't have a service department.

#13 ·
Mine has to go back in for the PIPs, apparently they repaired mine under warranty but didn't do the upgrades, and the warranty runs out in a month so will get them to go over it from top to bottom.

#14 ·
Good idea!!!!!!!!! The PiPs are on deere's dime regardless of warranty period.

#16 ·
I believe it being under the seats and all.

#20 ·
Still running the Big Guns?

#21 ·
Mine came through the PIPs and prewarranty runout inspection unscathed so thats good, and the one PIP was a oil filter thing so free oil change!

#29 ·
The best thing for any CVT machine is breaking in the belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.