John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cheaper way to install an electric dump on a 2015 825i gator instead of John Deere?

·
Super Moderator
3,558 Posts
Is there a cheaper way to install an electric dump on a 2015 825i gator instead of John Deere?
Try a search on the forum, there have been numerous threads

Reactions: 200mph

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The answer is Yes and follows Bradhill's advice

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered my actuator and switch anyone got any step by step advice ?
Thanks
Be sure to check for "clearance" you dont want over extenions or over retraction causing the motor or housing to contact the mounting ears or any bed, frame or engine part. The ones I am posting on this thread, will bend and break metal and the actuator. I am moving and dumping 1000 pound of dirt with these actuators I fill with my skid steer, and I know how much dirt in my bucket.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be sure to check for "clearance" you dont want over extenions or over retraction causing the motor or housing to contact the mounting ears or any bed, frame or engine part. The ones I am posting on this thread, will bend and break metal and the actuator. I am moving and dumping 1000 pound of dirt with these actuators I fill with my skid steer, and I know how much dirt in my bucket.

I received my 74280 today it appears to be to large to fit in the space provided in a 2015 325i
The stroke is also to long just for info purposes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Success... I cut 2 inches off and it's perfect. I would recommend taking 2.5 inches off I'm about an 1/16 of an inch from it not closing all the way

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Success... I cut 2 inches off and it's perfect. I would recommend taking 2.5 inches off I'm about an 1/16 of an inch from it not closing all the way
Can you tell me did you just cut the top housing and then the shaft
Any step by step instructions? If you get it working can you take piks
This is good news What actuator did you use?where did you get it?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you tell me did you just cut the top housing and then the shaft
Any step by step instructions? If you get it working can you take piks
This is good news What actuator did you use?where did you get it?
Thanks for your help
What model gator do you have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yea, I took pics.. I feel like this is a group message.. if u will send me your number i.can send pictures of what all i cut and the steps I took... I have the ironton 7 7/8 stroke actuator... I ended up cutting, the threaded rod, limit switch rod, the housing and the shaft... took 2 inches off everything and re-drilled 2 holes! 30 minute task removed the latch and had it dumping! And closing all the way!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts