John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simliar to my other post - I recently acquired a TE gator.
I'll want to put a canopy on it.... looking for experiences the others have had with the various Deere types of canopies as well as some of the aftermarket units?
One unit that looks very interesting is this one: Gator Work Series Canopy

any pro's / con's?

Should I stay away from certain styles or makes?

Any weak points or other disadvantages with some of them?

thanks!

·
Registered
94 6X4 Gas Gator JD road legal light kit,lighted tag frame,windshield,hd ext alternator,bedliner,top
86 Posts
Simliar to my other post - I recently acquired a TE gator.
I'll want to put a canopy on it.... looking for experiences the others have had with the various Deere types of canopies as well as some of the aftermarket units?
One unit that looks very interesting is this one: Gator Work Series Canopy

any pro's / con's?

Should I stay away from certain styles or makes?

Any weak points or other disadvantages with some of them?

thanks!
I bought a soft top from the Green Dealer in Indiana. It’s a JD authorized product made by The Old Tractor Co. It offers no rollover protection but keeps the sun off you ! I sprayed the fence rows one time before I got the top and literally burned up and I vowed to get some shade ! It was pretty easy to install as well. It has been on my 6X4 Gator for 3 years now. It is durable as I forgot to remove the canvas from the frame when driving home from my place in W NC. I got up to about 65 mph and saw it in the mirror and stopped. I pulled the canvas off, bent the frame arms back down and took off again. It still works fine. I’ve attached a picture of it. It mounts on my Gator at the front corners of the bed.You just remove the bolts where the cargo box is bolted together on the front corners. Then you add a bracket that comes with the top to the corners and reinstall the bolts. Boom ! Your done ! It was the best $150 I have spent during the restoration on this 1994 Gas 6X4
Tire Wheel Plant Window Property

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
It’s hard to believe it is only $150.

·
Registered
94 6X4 Gas Gator JD road legal light kit,lighted tag frame,windshield,hd ext alternator,bedliner,top
86 Posts
That was three years ago. I just looked it up and it is now $205 from the Green Dealer. It also came with a screen that runs scross the back but I never installed it. It gets in the way of reaching for my cooler ! It even hs a 2 year warranty. I had a ski mirror off my boat mounted in the center and when trailering to and from the Cabin it was too much stress on the frame of the top and it broke. So I called them up, sent some pictures and they sent me the replacement parts at no charge. The "canvas" cover is very tough. It has a rubber like coating on it and for 3 years old, it would still look new if I cleaned it up some. Very easy installation. As I said earlier, it was the best $150 I spent on the Gator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts