·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TX 4x2 is having the following problems
-hour display not working
-headlights not working
-won't start
-when I turn the key, there is nothing happening except for a faint crackle that seems to be coming from the battery, when I turn the key completly off the faint crackle continues for 5-20 seconds then fades away
  • the gator has been wet, my kids got it stuck in a mud puddle up to around the exhaust pipe outlet. But it had been working after that event.
  • I bought a new battery to try but that did not fix the issue, grounds seem secure and I do not see any exposed wires causing a short that I can find.
I'm wondering if the selinoid or starter may have been fried, but that wouldn't explain the headlights not working or the hour meter not displaying.
any insight is greatly appreciated, Thank you

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Best advice is to learn how to use a test meter otherwise it’s part swapping and hoping the problem is resolved.

Tight connection does mean it’s not corroded and impeding the flow of electrons.

Reactions: tx4x2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last week…same problem exactly. May have run over something that jumped up into engine compartment. Led off fro filling a feeder…dead stopped….. no key response nothing. Towed up hill w 4066.
Found the shiftwire plug at transmission had pulled out AND a green wire was sitting free in middle of engine comps just by the carb And found fuse(15 amp) blown.

Repluged the shiftwire at transmission, replaced fuse, could not find where green wire had been pulled out from …. Would now turn over but not start.

Took to,JD service…. Green wire had pulled off of the fuel solenoid. I had taken down the flywheel cover, engine shroud to trace it down but it’s way deep in the engine. AG PRO shop was very efficient…2 days, $220 including transport.

if your lights and key switch are dead, likely it’s the 15 amp fuse, second from right.
if still,won’t start May be power to,fuel shut off solenoid.

best wishes.
don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last week…same problem exactly. May have run over something that jumped up into engine compartment. Led off fro filling a feeder…dead stopped….. no key response nothing. Towed up hill w 4066.
Found the shiftwire plug at transmission had pulled out AND a green wire was sitting free in middle of engine comps just by the carb And found fuse(15 amp) blown.

Repluged the shiftwire at transmission, replaced fuse, could not find where green wire had been pulled out from …. Would now turn over but not start.

Took to,JD service…. Green wire had pulled off of the fuel solenoid. I had taken down the flywheel cover, engine shroud to trace it down but it’s way deep in the engine. AG PRO shop was very efficient…2 days, $220 including transport.

if your lights and key switch are dead, likely it’s the 15 amp fuse, second from right.
if still,won’t start May be power to,fuel shut off solenoid.

best wishes.
don
Thank you very much this was helpful, I thought I had checked the fuses, but the 15A was blown, wasn't easy to see at first,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you very much this was helpful, I thought I had checked the fuses, but the 15A was blown, wasn't easy to see at first,
Pulling off the cowling, pretty easy, makes access to fuse block right there in front of you.
working from below is almost impossible to see that the fuse block is actually there, much less pull the fuse or put it back in.
Glad that may have helped….electrical issues are mostly an enigma to me but I understand a blown fuse, but not nece what made it blow…🤭🤔

1 - 5 of 5 Posts