John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any experience with one of the RSX electric power steering kits, like the ones being sold on ebay? Are they hard to install? Work well? Steering to light, too heavy or just have a poor feel to the steering? Are they reliable? What do you guys think?
Thanks RC

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think there might be one person on here that is running it. SuperATV, a vendor here, has a kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can anyone help with my questions? "Work well? Steering to light, too heavy or just have a poor feel to the steering? Are they reliable?" I have found the company that sells them, they have a nice installation video. Thanks RC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just Got it

I just bought it will be coming in the mail. I will get you feed back after I test it out

Can anyone help with my questions? "Work well? Steering to light, too heavy or just have a poor feel to the steering? Are they reliable?" I have found the company that sells them, they have a nice installation video. Thanks RC

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yall are really making me jealous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed my EPS and glad I did. Makes a world of difference. Well worth the money. As far as the install, not bad about 2.5 hrs

·
Registered
13 Posts
great

CZ: Please let me know what you think. Thanks Richard
I had it all this weekend and my 4 year old was on my lap driving it. he was turning the wheel with by himself. This product is great and the machine is now like a car.

If you purchase you will need a wheel puller. I bought one a tractor supply. It does not pop off like the guy in the video. You will also need special long socket wrenches and part that looks like and allen wrench on a socket. My brother was a mechanic so he had the tools close by...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Thanks for the advice!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got mine installed, don't make dinner plans 2 1/2 hrs. After you start or you may be late. It works really good, instruction's are a little vague, since this unit works on other gators, you will be better off leaving all brackets and u joints loose until everything is in place. It is extremely tight getting the unit up where it goes but it will fit. Overall I am very pleased, Deere needs to have this as an option. Probably took me 3 1/2 hrs. And yes I have worked on things like this before farming for 40 years and racing and building mini-sprints for 25 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Power Steering

I agree, John Deere really should make this an option or for what this machine cost should already be installed. The machine is basically plastic with stickers on the bed. I love the machine but maybe the 825i may be a better bang for the buck..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Seems like a good investment. Especially after I add larger tires. I didn't realize the impact it made until tidin through right trails one day on my RSX and then hopping on my brothers Teryx 4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts