John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I have a 2009 6x4 but I am facing a few electrical issues which makes it a nightmare to start.
One of the issue could be tied to a diod (not sure about the name) that I would need to replace but I am not able to find the reference on the electrical diagram :(
any help welcome
thx
eric

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm not certain what the part you have circled is called or its function.

Can you provide any detail on why you believe this part is causing your starting issue and why you think a diode is a possible cause?

Does the workshop manual identify the part in question?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for your reply
the technician which came said the electric issue was coming from there (from what he tested). basically the diod was enabling the electricity to go one way if I understood it. he was not able to find a replacement part so he just put a piece of copper wire in it. what he did did not work so trying to find an original replacement :-(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to be more precise what he did worked one day, and then something somewhere burned (was not able to find exactly where) - and I suspect it has something to do with what he did

·
Registered
846 Posts
FYI... diodes allow electrical flow in one direction but not the other. I'm not certain why the tech would replace with a simple wire allowing flow in both directions. There is a reason they put these into circuits.

Think of a diode as a check valve for current.

I bet if you page through the workshop manual you'll be able to figure out what the item is and it function.

What problems are you having this part was even being investigated.

Are you suggesting JD no longer carries the part since the technician could not get a replacement?

What did the technician say it was?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Can you match up the wire colors with the wiring diagram to help ID the part?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry the gator is in my country house in France so cannot check it right now :(
Basically the gator would not start so when the technician came he thought the didod was the issue so given he could not find a suitable replacement he kind of tricked it by putting a wire.
The technician was pretty junior so I fear he damaged it more than before.
Hence I am looking to buy a replacement part but I cannot find any that look like the diod in question :(

·
Registered
846 Posts
Check the parts diagrams at www.jdparts.com
If the site is blocked because of geographical reasons, I’m certain JD has coming similar in your region.

let us know what you find and good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts