John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started my 2018 XUV 835M Gator drove it about 50 yards and it totally shut-down all electrical systems, died and I have no power at all - key is totally dead, no dash lights absolutely nothing electrical. Does this thing have breakers?
Horse Soldier

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Just started my 2018 XUV 835M Gator drove it about 50 yards and it totally shut-down all electrical systems, died and I have no power at all - key is totally dead, no dash lights absolutely nothing electrical. Does this thing have breakers?
Horse Soldier
Was your seatbelt securely fastened?

Did you check battery connectors?

No breakers- Only Fuses see Operators Manual link below:

Operators Manual

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was your seatbelt securely fastened?

Did you check battery connectors?

No breakers- Only Fuses see Operators Manual link below:

Operators Manual
Thanks for your response
Found a 20Amp fried mini fuse, tried replacing three times, all immediately fried. All work, including electrical add-ons were done by the dealer so JD is picking it up tomorrow. Seems like a less than efficient system if one 20 amp fuse can knock out the complete vehicle and all components. Also, not a safe situation with no lights, no emergency flashers and if the failure occurred in in a road-way the result could be deadly.

·
Super Moderator
3,640 Posts
Thanks for your response
Found a 20Amp fried mini fuse, tried replacing three times, all immediately fried. All work, including electrical add-ons were done by the dealer so JD is picking it up tomorrow. Seems like a less than efficient system if one 20 amp fuse can knock out the complete vehicle and all components. Also, not a safe situation with no lights, no emergency flashers and if the failure occurred in in a road-way the result could be deadly.
Looking at the Load Center for your Gator - if the #1 Fuse (Battery) which is located in the upper left corner is the culprit, there could be a dead short in positive battery cable or perhaps the battery has somehow short circuited. Did you check for loose cables on the battery ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bad fuse was the 20Amp in the lower left position. I'm anxious to hear what JD says the problem is/was.
Thanks again for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts