John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started my 2018 XUV 835M Gator drove it about 50 yards and it totally shut-down all electrical systems, died and I have no power at all - key is totally dead, no dash lights absolutely nothing electrical. Does this thing have breakers?
Horse Soldier

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Just started my 2018 XUV 835M Gator drove it about 50 yards and it totally shut-down all electrical systems, died and I have no power at all - key is totally dead, no dash lights absolutely nothing electrical. Does this thing have breakers?
Horse Soldier
Was your seatbelt securely fastened?

Did you check battery connectors?

No breakers- Only Fuses see Operators Manual link below:

Operators Manual

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was your seatbelt securely fastened?

Did you check battery connectors?

No breakers- Only Fuses see Operators Manual link below:

Operators Manual
Thanks for your response
Found a 20Amp fried mini fuse, tried replacing three times, all immediately fried. All work, including electrical add-ons were done by the dealer so JD is picking it up tomorrow. Seems like a less than efficient system if one 20 amp fuse can knock out the complete vehicle and all components. Also, not a safe situation with no lights, no emergency flashers and if the failure occurred in in a road-way the result could be deadly.

·
Super Moderator
3,692 Posts
Thanks for your response
Found a 20Amp fried mini fuse, tried replacing three times, all immediately fried. All work, including electrical add-ons were done by the dealer so JD is picking it up tomorrow. Seems like a less than efficient system if one 20 amp fuse can knock out the complete vehicle and all components. Also, not a safe situation with no lights, no emergency flashers and if the failure occurred in in a road-way the result could be deadly.
Looking at the Load Center for your Gator - if the #1 Fuse (Battery) which is located in the upper left corner is the culprit, there could be a dead short in positive battery cable or perhaps the battery has somehow short circuited. Did you check for loose cables on the battery ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bad fuse was the 20Amp in the lower left position. I'm anxious to hear what JD says the problem is/was.
Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What did they find ?
After keeping the Gator three weeks it was returned working (knock-knock) but no one is sure why. Didn't find the problem and aren't sure why its working. Now I'm afraid to use it for fear of getting stranded. Pretty sure it isn't something simple like a bear wire and that leaves electrical components, sending units, instrument panel, ignition switch - how do you check those things short of replacing them one at a time?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Start it up and start wiggling main wires, start at battery. If it killed the machine totally my thinking it is going to be a major connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts