John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have a 1996 6x4 it starts and idles fine but once you begin driving it quits after about 30 seconds. If I rev it and spray carb cleaner into it it will continue to run so I am guessing I have a lack of fuel issue. I did have a crack in my air intake stack and its been replaced as well as the fuel pump and I have had the carb off and apart and cleaned.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
It is probably the carb, maybe you missed something.
Running for a while and then stopping sounds a bit like a float issue.
Also could be a clog in the fuel tank or line.

Also cracks and air intakes scare me as i have personally seen what dust in an engine can do a couple of times.

Was it a large crack or just a hairline?

Little bit off course but we had a bad running engine once, rebuild it and it was worn all the way but we could not figure out why untill we found a small hole in the intake after the filter.
Thing was sandblasted from the inside out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is probably the carb, maybe you missed something.
Running for a while and then stopping sounds a bit like a float issue.
Also could be a clog in the fuel tank or line.

Also cracks and air intakes scare me as i have personally seen what dust in an engine can do a couple of times.

Was it a large crack or just a hairline?

Little bit off course but we had a bad running engine once, rebuild it and it was worn all the way but we could not figure out why untill we found a small hole in the intake after the filter.
Thing was sandblasted from the inside out
Thanks for the reply
The air intake stack was cracked at the base. I did remove the fuel tank and clean it as well as replacing the fuel lines, but I am certainly no expert at this. I will take the carb off again this weekend and see if I am missing anything.
Thanks again for the help will let you know what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts