John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna tear things down in the next month or so to inspect (replace) belt. Wanted to know long term reviews from anyone who has been running the clutch kit. Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why do you want a clutch kit? It already doesn't engage until 2000 rpm. What else are you looking to get from the kit?

·
Registered
709 Posts
The clutch kit actually smooths out the power band. There is a dead spot between 30 and top speed. The clutch kit helps that. Also, if you are climbing hills you dont have to have your foot on the throttle to the floor! I noticed a huge improvement.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I may have noticed the dead spot your talking about yesterday. Good info. I will keep it in mind during my next ride

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
deere would the dead spot u r talking about be where the clutch is kicking from low to high maybe?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's talking about the dead spot between 30 and 55 or so. With 27 or larger tires it's pretty evident on my machine. Didn't notice it as bad when I was running the stock 25's (mine is a base model).

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
do they make a aftermarket clutch assembly to fix that problem? im bout to go to 30in mudlites and i wanna get all the performance i can out it

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
where can i buy one from Deere?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't think deere sells them. EPI is the brand, you can either buy directly from them or one of their vendors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts