John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put an EZ or Fumoto drain valve on their gator 825I oil pan. I bought a couple of the drain bolt washers when it was new. They were a couple bucks apiece then. I checked to buy more and they are now $11.41. So how does John Deere fix the problem they know they have with leaking washers on gator drain pan washers used more than once. They jack up the price of the part they know you will need. So instead of giving John Deere anymore of my money I wanted to install a drain valve. I have one washer left and I won't have to take the valve off again. I was wondering if anyone has used one and if it worked out. I think the skid plate will protect it. I sent an email to one company to see if they had anything compatible, waiting to hear back. Anyone with experienced feedback would be great, thanks. Take care

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
WRT sealing washers.
Many time they can be matched to commodity items once the ID and OD are known.

I agree JD had a business plan that at times is hard to swallow. They can practice such policies because they have customer who will put up with it and continue to buy green. I don’t blame them for taking advantage of their loyal following.

Reactions: 1Sadgatorowner

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone put an EZ or Fumoto drain valve on their gator 825I oil pan. I bought a couple of the drain bolt washers when it was new. They were a couple bucks apiece then. I checked to buy more and they are now $11.41. So how does John Deere fix the problem they know they have with leaking washers on gator drain pan washers used more than once. They jack up the price of the part they know you will need. So instead of giving John Deere anymore of my money I wanted to install a drain valve. I have one washer left and I won't have to take the valve off again. I was wondering if anyone has used one and if it worked out. I think the skid plate will protect it. I sent an email to one company to see if they had anything compatible, waiting to hear back. Anyone with experienced feedback would be great, thanks. Take care
A few years ago I bought a straight through (vs. 90 degree) Fumoto with the intention of installing it on my 825i, but determined the end would stick below the skid plate. Did not want to risk breaking it off, probably could have used spacers to lower the skid plate a little. Wound up going to a local auto parts store, and getting a package of 5 washers by "Help" or Dorman for a few bucks. Use it once and replace it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jerry for the reply and good information. I sent
Ez Drain, Fumoto, and Stahlbus an email if they had a fit for our machines I will post back if I get a reply. I don't want anything below the skid plate like you said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI, the Fumoto that I have is a F103S, short nipple, straight drain, not a 90 degree. The thread is a 12mm x 1.25, if that helps anyone. A 90 degree may fit without sticking below the skid plate, but it would be harder to get a drain hose on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the one I will probably go with. All stainless steel, cap to keep dirt out and oil in in case of failure, has drain tube kit to drain into an old oil container, compact, no outside valve arm to get hit by debris and let all your oil out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have never seen that one before, looks like it's the way to go.
There are several out there. This one seems well made and well oriented for where the skid plate is and drain hole is. When I change oil in a couple weeks I will look at it closer and do some measuring. I'll post pics if it works out. Thanks again for all your insight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed the oil in the gator. I used a tape measurer with a built in magnet on the end stuck to the bottom of the pan and there is only an inch and a sixteenth to bottom of skid plate on the 825I. I also confirmed what was already said, it is 12mm-1.25 . The valvomax is compact but it sticks out by quarter inch. So it stayed with the drain pan bolt and new washer. I also posted a picture of the washer that was used twice and leaked. You can see the small point that didn't seal.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts