John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. What is the first sign a diesel motor is getting tired? I changed oil every 100 hrs and use roughly 800 ml of oil. Is that to much or not to be worried about. No sign of blow by or leaks.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Do a leak-down test and compression test to access.

Is there an oil leak anywhere?

·
Registered
813 Posts
What machine/engine do you have? It's impossible to say 800ml of oil is correct without knowing what you are putting it in.

What issue are you having that makes you think the engine is nearing it's end? I personally have never worn out a diesel. All my problems have been outside the engine case for things like: filters, injectors, injection pump, glow plugs, water pump, alternator... Usually when I think it's an "engine" problem it has been fuel system related. When I have a diesel acting weak or bogging down when I think it shouldn't I first change the fuel filter(s).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What machine/engine do you have? It's impossible to say 800ml of oil is correct without knowing what you are putting it in.

What issue are you having that makes you think the engine is nearing it's end? I personally have never worn out a diesel. All my problems have been outside the engine case for things like: filters, injectors, injection pump, glow plugs, water pump, alternator... Usually when I think it's an "engine" problem it has been fuel system related. When I have a diesel acting weak or bogging down when I think it shouldn't I first change the fuel filter(s).
Its a diesel 855 Japanese built motor.
Sound great. I have people telling me if u add more than a cup per 50 hrs it's something I should be worried about

1 - 5 of 5 Posts