John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of thorn bushes on my property and keep having to fix flats on my 825. What are people doing that has been successful at preventing flats? Other than avoiding sharp pointy things ? Foam-fill or a fix-a-flat type product? Any tire brands or types that might be better? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
I have a lot of thorn bushes on my property and keep having to fix flats on my 825. What are people doing that has been successful at preventing flats? Other than avoiding sharp pointy things ? Foam-fill or a fix-a-flat type product? Any tire brands or types that might be better? Thanks for the feedback!

Go to a higher ply tire at least 8 ply, if you use a foam fill or fix a flat type product your tire shop will not be happy if they should need to remove and replace the tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I replaced my tires the tire shop filled them with tire sealant. With the locust on our property I have to or would have 4 flats every time I go out there.

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
When I replaced my tires the tire shop filled them with tire sealant. With the locust on our property I have to or would have 4 flats every time I go out there.

Good to know!! Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a lot of thorn bushes on my property & while so far it hasn’t been a problem for my Gator. It has been a problem with my X534 tractor.
Last time I put a couple tires on it the shop guy said he always puts fix a flat in them when he installs them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts