John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys has the idea been brought up or passed around for a forum ride? maybe go to Hatfield McCoys or somewhere. I finally bought a RSX haha so i fogured id just throw the idea up and see what everybody thought.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got my rsx and would love to but it is too far from middle TN. Can't get off from work any time soon anyway. Poor thing just sits in the garage most of the time. lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
I know the feeling about them just sitting. I have thought about asking and just testing the waters. There is several places that are not a bad drive from middle Tennessee. There is Mena, AR, royal blue, brimstone, windrock, coal creek, Harlan, KY, and Hatfield Mccoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
159 Posts
All a bit of a stretch from Lower Alabama. Lol. But a forum ride would be pretty cool, don't see many Deere on the trails. It'd be nice to get them all together.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i was just suggesting places but i agree to see all the RSX together would be a great site and a great chance to show that Deere really has one of the best on the market

·
Registered
904 Posts
I agree with both of yall. Plus we can all put a face with a name.

·
Registered
483 Posts
This ride would cost me $1500 for a trailer and fees! I wanted to go to Carolina Adventure World in SC and the wife said "You can go". WVA is likely a bit closer ...up 81 then to 77.

·
Registered
904 Posts
It's always nice when you get the bosses permission.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Batman how close are you to Red Creek ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've never been on an official trail ride, but have heard about them. There's a big ride/mudding over in LA that some folks around here go too. Could be fun I guess.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I did look at the Hatfield and McCoys and the trails are about 4 hrs from Virginia. The trail system is scattered in the area and some towns are ATV friendly...drive to get some gas, etc. It looks like more scenic that down in SC.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hatfield & McCoy is popular with friends of mine and it doesn't hurt that their temps can be a bit cooler than the lower elevations of NC & VA in the summer.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I watched a number of videos of trail riding at Hatfield and McCoys and the trails seem to be fairly narrow -- even the ones they call easy. The 825 may be a bit big for many of these. Of course, in videos, it is not easy to judge inclines although they are steeper than they appear but the area and many towns are very friendly. You can park you carrier at your overnight place and then drive on the state roads to the trailhead.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Batman how close are you to Red Creek ?
IDK, let me figure out where it is and I will get back to you.

Hatfield McCoy is on the bucket list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds great but I gotta buy a trailer. I'm looking for a 12' flat bed trailor used if possible.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i would love to ride at the Hatfield McCoys like Batman its on my bucket list and im hoping i can go ride there as soon as next year if not earlier (benefit of being single lol) maybe we can get a plave picked that will work for as many members as possible i understand that it will be hard for everyone to come because of the economy and how far of a drive and if need be maybe we can have more than one ride and have it for the different regions for the forum. One for the east coast, one central USA and one for the west coast again this is just an idea to kinda get a chance to meet other members and get a chance to check out different type of rigs and see different ideas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts