John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had both of my front axles come out of the diff on my 825i the. They snaped back in but no one at john deere had ever heard of this happening , has any one ever had this happen? all the joints and spindle assys are tight, gator has 700 miles on it I keep it well serviced and have checked all the front end bolts, and for ound nothing loose no one has an answer .any lnput would be appriciated

·
Registered
242 Posts
Circlips on the end of the inner CV Joint could be weak, after hammering around for 700 miles it could also be worn side gears in the Differential. Next time it happens, or simply remove them yourself, look very closely at the circlip and also the spline on the inner cv joint for wear

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you still having issues with your front axles popping out? I have a 2012 825i with power steering I've had this issue from the beginning my dealer has replaced the shaft five or six times under warranty. Eventually they put an extra off-road suspension package on it which looked like it solved the problem, had no problems for 3 years. I started having issues again about three months ago it was always the driver side that would pop out on me. On the recommendation of the mechanic at my dealer I pulled the driver side shaft out inspected the clip look to fine. I stretched out the clip a touch, it was a little harder to get back in but thought this might solve the problem and it may have for the driver side, but now I'm having trouble with the passenger side coming out. I had changed the shaft earlier this year due to the fact that the bearing snapped so it has maybe 80 miles on the gator since it's been replaced. My dealer continuously tells me I'm the only one that has this problem I'm curious if your dealer has solved your problem, because mine dealer has been useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 625i gator. 76 hours on it, always driven in open fields or gravel road. Front axle popped out and leaked the oil out. Differential not even dusty yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a John Deere tech with low mile/hr RSX 860i. Gravel roads and fields mostly. Some mud and water but now extreme. Right front axle popped out. Let water in and leaked milky fluid out. I'm gonna ask my Deere rep about this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Circlips on the end of the inner CV Joint could be weak, after hammering around for 700 miles it could also be worn side gears in the Differential. Next time it happens, or simply remove them yourself, look very closely at the circlip and also the spline on the inner cv joint for wear
I'm a newb replacing my front right axle on 2005 HPX. I'm confused with the clip on the inboard end? How do you get it in with the clip? Any help appreciated?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a newb replacing my front right axle on 2005 HPX. I'm confused with the clip on the inboard end? How do you get it in with the clip? Any help appreciated?
I told you I was a NOOB..Bent it smaller and it fit in easily and still locks nicely. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts