John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body out there have a 590i with a rattling sound coming from front brake pads? Dealer does not seem to have any idea about what to do about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 590i S4 with about 550 miles on it now. The brakes started rattling after about 50 miles, only on the front. I pulled the wheels and looked at the pads, they are to loose on the calipers which is causing the rattle. The noises stop when brakes are applied. These pads are either too big for the caliper or there needs to be a clip to tighten them down similar to a cars braking system. I have not called my dealer yet but will be soon. Anyone have any ideas to correct this.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have heard no complaints so its hard to really be able to help. have you by chance torn into it? the 590i we have sold have not come back with any brakes problems to my knowledge.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Had a new 590 come in this week with front brake rattle. The pads are rattling on the pins. removed pins and coated pins with anti-seize and reinstalled. Rattle went away. Time will tell if this actually fixes this long term. Its not really hurting anything, just an annoying noise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 860 had a left rear brake rattle. Removed wheel and brake pads. Cleaned and applied very very very thin film of RTV silicone to backs of pads and assembled. This was my remedy, it may not be for everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 590i with only 50 hours has the same rattle with front left caliper. Dealer basically said I'm crazy and deal with it. Should I have to simply deal with it when you pay $12,000 cash for one of these things. There are other minor things that overall add up to what seems to be a poor quality machine. I have a Mahindra tractor that has had a lot more use and not one issue. I'll stick with Mahindra products in the future.

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
My 590i with only 50 hours has the same rattle with front left caliper............
Rusted, the posts above from Deere Technicans and owners provide really good suggestions to help guide your dealer with the repair -IF- you are willing to provide them the information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 36 hours on my 590i S4 and have the same thing happening both front and rear. lll try the anti-seize. Anyone with any other ideas, let me know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any body out there have a 590i with a rattling sound coming from front brake pads? Dealer does not seem to have any idea about what to do about it.
Yes yes I have the exact same problem with my 590 e first it was squeaking at a roll now it squeaks when brakes are pressed and rolling and I only have 40 miles on it

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
Yes yes I have the exact same problem with my 590 e first it was squeaking at a roll now it squeaks when brakes are pressed and rolling and I only have 40 miles on it
Have you fully burnished the brakes ? If not operate the machine at 3/4 throttle and depress the brake pedal hard but do not lock up the brakes. Do this 7 or 8 times, this will help wear in the brakes to the rotors.

Reactions: benjcasy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts