John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys !!!
So here's the deal. Last weekend i got stuck and managed to grenade a C/V joint on the passenger side front axle. I ordered a replacement from atv parts and more. They claim theirs are made of chromoly and twice as strong as factory. I have it installed now, but not sure if there is an easier way to top off the diff fluid other than a hypodermic needle!! Lol
Any recommendations and or videos would be greatly appreciated
FYI I have a 2012 825i with a hydraulic boss v Plow on it

·
Registered
904 Posts
That is probably the only way, something pointed that can add or take fluid. The only time I have ever been able to fill one straight out of the bottle was when it was out of the machine and sitting on my bench.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dmax, how do you like your Boss v-plow? I am thinking of getting one for my 825i. I am concerned about the amount of weight. DeereSales has told me in a different thread that I will be fine with factory shocks (cranked up).

I have heard this more than once, but a guy told me today that I will have to add the HD shocks because the tire will grind the back of the headlight housing if I don't. He had full cab, though, so not sure if that makes a difference with the additional weight. I do have glass windshield with wiper so not as much weight as he has.

Has anyone heard if Boss is planning on any design changes for this upcoming winter. I do have a plow on my atv so could get by with that for one more winter if need be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Diff oil change

I found the following pump at Walmart, and it worked great. The threads did not fit the Hyd Oil bottle so I just dumped the oil in a jar and pumped it from there. I don't know where the oil qty spec in the manual came from but my 2011 took quite a bit more oil than specified, so I just filled it until oil came out of the top plug as directed in the manual.

Attwood Gear Lube Pump: Automotive : Walmart.com

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts