John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gator guys, i have on older gater 6 wheel diesel, when i get up to any speed other than idleing around... the front end shakes , big time... is there any ideas on what this might be... thanks so much hoppingator

·
Registered
904 Posts
Have you checked your air pressure???? Have you checked and made sure everything is tight??? Have you checked to see if there is slop in your rack and pinion or what ever you want to call the steering mechanism???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heres a few places you might want to check. Loose wheel bearing, loose or worn tie rods, loose or worn ball joints, front end misalignment, and worn steering shaft. As for the other comment, there is grease in the rack and pinion housing, but not slop.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, it did help alot. I installed a set of fog lights on the back of the cab. I use the Gator for working on oil and gas wells. Ive had it for a couple of months and use it quite frequently. I put 73 miles on it yesterday. My next task is to install a stero, but the cab is so noisy I believe it wouldnt be much benefit until Im parked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts