John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 sets of led work lights and i was going install them like jd front light kit. How is it installed. There is two holes in roof and i think that other one is for wire but other hole is not thrue. I need some help with this.

Br, jussi

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you plan to run those lights and have the switch on the dash (with the other switches), you really need the service manual. Your Deere dealer service dept may be willing to print out the appropriate pages.
If you don't care how it's routed, run a hot wire from the positive battery post to the lamps (you'll need to "Y" the wiring for two lamps) and a ground to the frame. You'll want a switch mounted somewhere in the wiring, as well as an inline fuse or relay.
As far as the roof mounting. you'll need one or two holes to mount each of the lamp brackets and one hole for the wiring (for each lamp). The Deere light kits provide grommets for the wiring (where it goes through the roof). You'll want the grommets too...to eliminate the wires chaffing on the roof.
I also strongly suggest you use that flexible corrugated tubing to protect your wiring. This is available at NAPA for 59 cents a foot.

BTW, the lamps, if you route them as I described will be unswitched, meaning those lights will stay on when the key is turned off. If you turn those lights on during the day and forget to turn them off when you're parked (out hunting or fishing), good chance you'll have a dead battery in a very inconvenient location.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry,

Actually i need information how to assembly those lights to roof. I dont need information how to connect wires. I am professional with that :D

It seems that i need to drill those holes thru that roof

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry,

Actually i need information how to assembly those lights to roof. I don't need information how to connect wires. I am professional with that :D

It seems that i need to drill those holes thru that roof

OK...boy, I should get you to install my lights!!
Actually, I know what I'm going to do...just means splicing in some wiring to extend the harness that came with the kit.

Back to your problem. My Gator has the poly roof and it has hash marks (dimples) where to drill both at the front and rear of the roof.
Per the instructions I received with the kit, the deluxe roof also has these marks. The marks are on the inside of the roof, so look for them. Those marks may not work for your aftermarket kit (hole spacing may be different).
Your other option is to run down to your local Deere dealer and ask one of the service techs. The lamp kits are dealer installed, so the techs should provide you the best info.

Good luck and post some pictures of your installation.

·
Registered
709 Posts
On the Deluxe Cab, there is one hole to mount the light, and the other hole is to run the wire inside the cab. The Driver and Passenger side are the same. You can only mount one set to the front, and one to the back.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. This means that i need to make some modifications. I have bought 2 pcs wide angle 27W led lights, 2 pcs narrow angle 27 W led lights. These are for front. I have already installed 2 pcs wide angle 18w lights for rear work lights.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes. What i would do is go to your local Machine Shop and have them cut you an aluminum plate, bolt it to where the single lights bolt to the top of the cab, paint it black and mount all your lights there. Get aluminum cause it's lighter and wont rust.

·
Registered
483 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts