John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a 2012 John Deere Gator 625I and it only has 20 hours on it. We were driving it full speed up a hil and all of a sudden with no sputtering at all it bascially lost power and shut off. I took off the fuel filter hose and no gas is coming from the full tank to the filter, the plus is dry, and i cant hear the fuel pump when i turn the key over, My question is, is there a fuse near the pump? I would have thought if the pump went bad it woulve had a little sputtering. It is still un der warranty but its like 30 miles from a dealer, so trying to look at all options since the warranty doesnt cover tranporting it, any suggestions what to look at?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem with the 625i. Was fixed once by dealer, 20 hrs later on clock and same thing again. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
185 Posts
If your reference to "20 hours" is to total time on a 2012 model machine my first guess would be possible accumulation of rust/dirt in the tank itself some of which could have been pulled through to the pump. If you have not already I would remove the tank, empty contents, clean with commercial tank cleaning agents before reinstalling/refilling. I would replace the fuel line filter while your at it. I can not help with the question of fuses.

·
Registered
161 Posts
on my 2013 825i, I had the same issue, all of a sudden the fuel pump stopped running, it was a loose plug that connected the fuel pump to the wiring harness..a zip tie to hold it together was the fix and no more issues..it seems poor quality control has hit every market, there were several other plugs and relays they were not secured properly and they undid themselves to cause an issue, and again the fix was to properly secure them , that was when it was new the first year, todate I havent had any more issues...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts