John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
You shouldnt if you are trying to solve your non stop issue.
Its not a shutoff in the sense of a diesel engine and is more commonly called an anti backfire solenoid.

Did you manage to solve the non stop issue because thats electrical and not mechanical

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine keeps running after key is turned off.

What ever the part does behind the Fan shroud seems to be the problem, It is very loose, Grounding it, slows the engine some. Removing the wire and turning the key off, No Engine speed change. Thanks for all comments. Murray

·
Registered
426 Posts
What ever the part does behind the Fan shroud seems to be the problem, It is very loose, Grounding it, slows the engine some. Removing the wire and turning the key off, No Engine speed change. Thanks for all comments. Murray
Yes youre right i already stated in your other topic that its most likely the shut off wire and not the fuel shutoff.
2 different things here.

Anyway if you open the shroud and look at the coils you see theres a little connector on them.
These connectors on the coil and or the wire going to the feed through on the housing are the problem.

This wire is normally grey or black

Maybe make a new wire with connectors and feed it through the housing bypassing the original system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much, I will get working on it. Appreciate all your help.
I found the black wire to back coil broken, In process of repair. Installed new wire as you suggested. Thanks again. murray

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine keeps running after key is turned off.

Having a hard time getting around this site, Hope i'm not messing up. Anyway I put the black wire in back coil as was suggested, Putting it back together, Thanks for all the help. murray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts