John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 gas 6x4 Gator. While searching on line for manuals I ran across a mechanics manual from JD that told how a dealer prepped a new machine. It had a section about installing chain guards....?? It is part# BM20499. It is a set of hard plastic shields that cover the opening below the chains on each side. I looked at mine and the area beneath the chains was open! That allowed a lot of dirt, rocks, grass, etc to enter the engine bay. Well I found one on eBay and bought it for $75. Plus $15 shipping. I ordered it and installed it ! I used to have to hose out the bay after each off road ride and re-lube the chains. After I installed the kit I have not had to do this anymore! Could not believe this wasn’t a standard part . I have attached a listing for one on eBay. It says no hardware included. Well when it arrived the two pieces were zip tied together in a clam shell. I cut the bands and the hardware and install instructions were inside! Not too bad of a job installing them. I highly recommend this kit !! Also attached are a picture of them stalled. SOMEBODY GRAB THIS !! Dealer couldn’t locate one. Let’s us know if you get it and how you like it !

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Might be buying a pair for my ts build because i was looking for something to fill the space up.

Also
Looking through the sellers other items i found this gem.
Screenshot_20191011-173037_eBay_1570804288058.jpg
An amt and very early ts keyed secondary clutch.
Increasingly rare to find these

Edit: nope they dont fit my altered engine bay setup so i must go with aluminium skidplates

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any chance these are still available? Didn't see a link and I'm getting different part numbers I show the kit as ST486535? Def need a set of these!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance these are still available? Didn't see a link and I'm getting different part numbers I show the kit as ST486535? Def need a set of these!!

Did anyone ever find these? I was able to find a part number for the left hand side shield only... nobody can find me a part number for hte complete kit of both shields or even the right hand shield....

·
Super Moderator
3,028 Posts
Did anyone ever find these? I was able to find a part number for the left hand side shield only... nobody can find me a part number for hte complete kit of both shields or even the right hand shield....
Was jdparts.com any help ?

·
Super Moderator
3,028 Posts
No unfortunately not.... says JDparts access will be stopped in 2020... unsure if its already happened or not
see screenshot below

1 - 10 of 10 Posts