John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 6x4 in need of much love. I hoped to find out the year and any other information the serial number may show. Is there anyone that can do a lookup on W006X4X019387
Found the primary clutch to be cracked and must be replaced. Need front tires and rear 2 drive tires other odds and ends
Are there any salvage yards that may have some parts for gators.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My clutch has blown apart, and I need to get it off the shaft. Do you know the specs on the bolt that is needed to make a puller?

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is a 9/16 bolt with 18tpi, 5 inches long. If you have a deere dealer close by see if you can borrow it,Lots of times they will if you buy the parts there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info. I will get one to have on hand in case I need it again. I took the gator to loca jd and they pulled it for $20, which I thought was fair. Couldn't get them even close on parts pricing though. Had to order the nen clutch from pa at over $100 savings. I did try to get them to got closer, but no luck. Doesn't make sense. Oh well.

My gator has a bracket for what appears to be an alternator, but not there. Is that an option? When running the battery is charging about 13.8 CDC, so I suspect the alternator my be for units with many lights and maybe a plow or something?

Where do you recommend that I go to get a tech manual for this gator? Is there anywhere online that has tech manuals for download, or will that be something I will need to shell out big bucks for?

Thank you again for your help.:cool:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, there is a optional alt kit that can be installed but it is pricey,If your not going to add much electrical acc. you will be ok with the stator charing that is on it. Try ebay on the manual, i have seen them on there before.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You seem to be very knowledgable on gators. D you work for one of the dealerships somewhere?

What should the torque spec be for the primary clutch bolt? I would think that you could really mes up the shaft if the clutch were to slip in the shaft.

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes i do work for a dealership in Ia, Sorry i haven't gotton back to you as i have been on vacation for over a week. Did you get your spec on the bolt? If not let me know.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought you may. I hope you enjoyed you well earned vacation. Hopefully you were able to do something fun.
I did not get the spec on the bolt.
Also for some reason I keep losing the prime on the cooling circuit. I fill the block through the bolt beside the intake and it will be fine for a while, then it will run hot. I re-prime it and it will be fine for a few more days. Confusing.
I also suspect the engine needs reduilding because the compression is down at about 100 psi on both cylinders. I am reluctant to spend big bucks until I understand what is causing the overheating. Is there any way to pressure test the cooling system? If so, what pressure should be used? The oil is not milky, so it doesn't appear it is leaking in to the block. I'm not sure it it is possible for it to be blown out the exhaust somehow without seeing evidence in the oil. Is it possible that it could have frozen at some time and cracked causing this,without milking the oil? I don't know anything about the past of the machine other than it has 2700 hours on the meter, and it appears to have had an alternator kit on it at some time in its life (was removed before I got it)
Sorry for the ramble. I appreciate your experience,and assistance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The torque spec for the clutch bolt is 27 lb ft,also apply some med strengh lock tite to the threads.As far as your over heating problem it could possibly be a bad waterpump not curculating correctly,collapsed radiator hose,plugged up radiator or limed up block.With that many hours on it it is probably due for a major overhaul, It is the old senario where do you start and stop! Good luck on what ever you decide to do.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have been very helpful. The hoses are not colapsed. Coolant is flowing as both hoses are same temp. Radiator seems to be flowing well. I assume ther is a switch in the radiator that brings on the fan, but I don't see where it is located, and it seems to be bringing the fan on later than it should. Is that switch replacable?

Also what should the compression be on that engine.
Thanks for the insight and sharing your knowledge

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. I will try to see if i can check the switch in the radiator to see if maybe it is not operatin properly. Also considering a rebuild. Neve be in a overhead valve engine. I used to race karts with Briggs motors
but that is about it? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
John Deere Gator Parts

I have been dismantling gators for a few years. Hard to keep good used parts in stock. I am currently parting out a 6 x 4. I have parts for Amt 600 , 622 , 626 , 4 x 2 , 6 x 4. Located in Washington State. Contact [email protected] for your needs. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could use a few parts. I need 2rear tires. HD Field Trax 25 x 13-9
2 front tires 22.5 x 10-8
2 seats
Wind shield would be nice to have a canopy would also be nice

·
Registered
2 Posts
6x4 parts

I just bought a 6x4 in need of much love. I hoped to find out the year and any other information the serial number may show. Is there anyone that can do a lookup on W006X4X019387
Found the primary clutch to be cracked and must be replaced. Need front tires and rear 2 drive tires other odds and ends
Are there any salvage yards that may have some parts for gators.
Thanks in advance
I have some of the field trax tire , clutches and a canopy coming in. Let me know if interested. Thanks [email protected] 360-249-0099 Located in Wa. state.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts