John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 gator 850d gets hot around the cupholders on the floor when I drive it. The longer it drives the hotter it gets. When I stop the gator smoke comes out. I just had the transmission replaced to.

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts
I
My 2005 gator 850d gets hot around the cupholders on the floor when I drive it. The longer it drives the hotter it gets. When I stop the gator smoke comes out. I just had the transmission replaced to.
Is the radiator in the front of your Gator ? If so the coolant lines from the radiator to the motor may run under the cup holders ? Where is the smoke coming from ?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've seen several threads of people complaining about heat with liquid cooled Gators. In those cases it was hot air from the radiator finding it's way into the passenger compartment.

Is the Gator or the driver smoking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I

Is the radiator in the front of your Gator ? If so the coolant lines from the radiator to the motor may run under the cup holders ? Where is the smoke coming from ?
The smoke comes from out near the gear shift. And I do believe that the radiator is at the front but don't quote me. I don't see how hot lines could smoke maybe it they burning through something but I never smelled anything burning.

·
Registered
813 Posts
When exactly do you see or smell the smoke?
What does the smoke smell like?
Do you have electric power steering?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When exactly do you see or smell the smoke?
What does the smoke smell like?
Do you have electric power steering?
I see the smoke after I stop the gator from moving. The smoke just smells like a burning. I do not have power steering and if it does it certainly is not working.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The smell of smoke can instantly narrow it down to electrical, burning plastic, steaming/burning coolant, oil... So, without accurate information it is difficult/impossible to help. The only thing I can say is open the area up and look for the source of the smoke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts