John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the gator accessory wiring. I am told that the first spot on the headlight switch is for accessory lighting but I do not see any plugs. I found a plug under the dash but I do not know where it goes. I also found extra plugs over the battery that I do not know what they can be used for. My local dealer isn't up to speed on the rsx so I turn to you my bro's in the field?

·
Registered
904 Posts
I did not even know about this. I would like to know more also. I still have not got situated here in my new place. I just now got my computer going this afternoon. When I get my shop together I am going to strip my RSX down, check it out, and do some additions to it. If I don't hear about this, then I will try to figure it out myself.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Id like to know some more on this as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
. If I don't hear about this, then I will try to figure it out myself.
If I get any info I will be sure to post it. The headlight switch has got me baffled only because if its for accessorize lights on the push bar there should be a plug there???? I can not find one

·
Registered
904 Posts
Its a poosibility when you buy the lights from Deere, you get a plug that plugs to the lights and then you run it somewhere to plug it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The first position on the headlight switch turns on the tail light at top of cage without the headlights, assuming for safety use by road crews who use them. Now if it can also be used for add on lights i'd like to know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It should be able to add other lights to it

·
Registered
21 Posts
The plug under the dash behind the display with a black and red wire in it is where you plug in the wiring harness for the dual battery kit.The extra plugs at the battery are also for the dual battery kit. When you install the dual battery kit however there will be a plug leftover on the new harness that has power to it. I do not know what that is for at this time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first position on the headlight switch turns on the tail light at top of cage without the headlights, assuming for safety use by road crews who use them. Now if it can also be used for add on lights i'd like to know.
I tried this and it does not turn that light on either on mine. LOL Thats my luck

·
Registered
242 Posts
I tried this and it did turn on the light above the cab...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Old thread but I am considering putting a light bar on and if there is existing wiring/plugs I can use, it would make my decision easier. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
if u order a lightbar from amazon they list a pre-made wiring harness u can order to go with it and make ur life easier

·
Registered
260 Posts
My RSX 860i also has the extra wires around the battery, from what i can tell they are for the 2nd battery kit. The wiring is all there minus the tray and the battery. This is going to be one of my upgrades shortly.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Usually as a rule of thumb, if you see a black plug with a Black and yellow wire, that's an On/Off with the key, and the Red and Black is constant hot. Also if you have more than one NON John Deere electrical device (lights, radio), i would spend the time and get a fuse block and Ground block and wire it DIRECTLY from the battery, then feed your electrical devices from there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Most newer Gators, not 6x4 models have plug and play setups for their light kits. They also have an OPS switch kit that mounts on the top cross bar on the roll cage. The power dump bed has connectors on the back wiring harness as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,428 Posts
Thanks JDcat1!!!
PS message sent to you!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts