John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not too surprised that I was the only one there with a RSX Gator but I was kinda surprised at the performance. Even with the snorkels and everything being sealed, the first mud hole caused me to have issues. Something is gettiing wet on the electrical system. I believe the coil wire on the rear coil was the culprit. The second day we were completely submerged at the sandpit and it ran great. After riding fine all day i got in a small hole and it started acting up again. It would crank and idle but would hardly pull out of its own tracks until you got it going . On day 3 I had barely left camp good when I broke a rear differential. It appeared all the bolts had backed out and the differential split in half. Now its at the dealer and I have a really bad feeling that they will not warranty this machine. This gator performs well and does what it was intended to do however I will be buying a Razr in the near future. You can check out the pics on my facebook if you like. PM me for the info.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I hate to hear that. I would of liked to been at mudnats and been the other RSX there. So far I have had water and mud up to the seats with no problems. Have you checked all wire connections. There is one on the motor somewhere that comes loose real easy that can cause the problems you described. I hate to hear that about the diff. Hopefully your dealer is as good to you as mine is to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had my gator there too. And have had he same problem with it dying in the water. Idk what the deal is with that. I put dyelectric grease on all my wire connection. But havent taken It deep since. Where did you get your snorkel from? I got mine from snorkel your ******** but can't get the air box to seal completely! And I can't figure out where the leak is coming from. Anything you can help me with on this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem last weekend. I was going through a little mud and very little water. I stopped to wait for the kids to catch up when the machine died? I tried to start it and it was like the starter locked up. this happened 3 times before I was able to start it up again?I was going to check with the dealer to find out if others are complaining of the same issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had mine through a pond with the water rolling up over the hood without any problems (knock on wood), hate to hear you guys are having these issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Putting the dyelectric on all the electrical connections has worked great!!! Prolly gunna have to put that grease onthe connections after every washing. I know I will Don't be stingy with the grease pile that crap on there!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts