John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wording on the John Deere mailouts promoting the extended warranty on my 2019 Gator is confusing. It says "extends beyond the manufacturer's warranty or until maximum hours are reached." The minimum option is 1 Year/300 hrs. I believe the original warranty is 1 year/1000 hours. Does that mean the extended warranty adds a year and 300 hours for a maximum of 1300 hours? It's the "or until maximum hours are reached" wording that is confusing. The link for more information just repeats what is in the mailout.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow-up to this, I called the 800 number on the offer for more information and was told that the 1 Year / 300 hrs means a maximum of 300 hours - not an additional 300. The original manufacturer's warranty on this machine is 1 year / 1000 hrs. In my case, I have put about 250 hours on the machine in 7 months, so will exceed 300 hours before the original warranty expires. Buying another year will not add 300 hours, so it would be worthless to me. I thought this clarification might help someone.

·
Super Moderator
2,974 Posts
It is my understanding you can purchase the extended warranty up to 1 year of ownership OR 300 hours of use Which ever comes first. The extended warranty can be purchased with varying years of ownership OR Hours of use.

Have you spoken with your salesman?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts