John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to add a spreader to my 835R Gator that I can use for salt in the winter and fertilizer in the Summer. JD makes two different ones one for salt and one for Fert. What truly is the difference I really don't want to buy two different units that basically do the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,233 Posts
How are they constructed steel, poly etc ?

·
Registered
309 Posts
There are some seed/fertilizer/salt combo UTV spreaders out there. To avoid frustration, get one with a wired or wireless remote off/on and preferably remote hopper valve. They cost more but the primary gripes has much to do with not being able to control anything from the cab. If the hopper is not poly, washing it out after use is a must. I don't spread salt but will be doing seeding over a 3 acre pasture this spring. I bought at used Buyers spreader that didn't have any mount and then used a Moultrie receiver mount to make it work. I will just use it on the tractor as you have to be next to the hopper to start/stop the flow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any after market spreader that fits the hitch will work. I just put a cigarette lighter plug in on the wire and plugged into dash socket. Works like a charm and a helluva lot cheaper than buying from dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts