John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a nutshell; I recently bought 5 acres that came with a ford 3600 tractor and a 6x4 diesel gator. with the help and advice from forums like this I was able to bring the tractor back to life without spending a lot of money. Now it's time for the gator; difficult to start, little power-maybe 5 mph with a good wind and no brakes when peddle is depressed but hand brake works. Looking for any advice to help with repairs to get it back in working condition quickly, any tips appreciated.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No advice?

I'm very surprised at the lack of any kind of simple advice. It may seem my asking for help may seem lazy but I just don't have the time I need to spend trouble shooting. Seeking advice on the tractor forums for my tractor was huge but maybe we have more new gator owners looking for help than those that could help. I'm still hopeful and will share the things I learn, as I learn them

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sounds like a fuel or air issue if the thing has been sitting for a while, Drain the diesel out and put in fresh along with a new filter and prime the system. It may run rough for little bit till the old fuel in the lines gets burned off. This is a starting point at least.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Might try Seafoam gas/diesel additive I hear it works wonders on fuel systems. I bought some for my pressure washer I'll let you know how it works. I'm going to put in my 550 S4 because I'm using gas with ethanol which really bad for small engines. Seafoam is suppose to correct it. Hope so.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gator hero's

Excellent advice that I can start with, thanks. I'm new to a vehicle that runs on diesel and yes, it's been sitting slightly longer than awhile:) I also found that if the front tires of the rear four are properly pressurized, the back two tires can be flat as a warm Bud 2years after its born on date, both very disappointing :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts