John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has this hood rack (BM22980) and what they think of it?
Yea, both my Gagtors came equipped with them. They currently reside in a corner of my shed !! Unless you have a specific use for them, I think there's no need for one plus it makes access under the hood a bit more difficult. I never would have bought one but they both came with the units !! JMO. Craig

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
My 855D has a front rack and use it when doing chores. Comes in handy when the bed is full.

I did add a piece of plywood to the bottom of it and used carriage bolts to secure it to the rack.

Pulling two pins allows it to be tilted for hood access.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have one on a 625 gator and use it constantly. Yes it does make access to the front end a bit of a PITA but worth the hassle. I found a surplus 75MM wood shell crate at a surplus outlet that fits exactly between the end bars. I run a bungie cord under the rack cross bars and attach to each of the carry handles on the crate. It becomes a readily accessible tool "chest" for a full assortment of hand tools for field use. Keeps the small tools out of the cargo box and more or less organized. Would not be without it. In hunting seasons the crate comes off and the rack carries back packs, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have the same hood rack on our 835M. We like it for specific things like putting hay bales, grain bags etc for transport. It's nice to have a clean space for food. As others have said, you should have an idea what you'd do with it. It's no biggie opening the hood.
I actually may use it to srand on when trimming trees at field edges (but I could get just as high with a small step stool in the back)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Perfect! I like the way you think lol.

I wanted a hood rack then I got to thinking.... I only need it for my ice chest, but that would put it too high for me to see over. So I had my local welder (me) make me a rack for my ice chest that doubles as a BBQ pit rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Sir, may I know what brand of tires those are? Your rig looks amazing! I have a 2016 JD 855D I'm making into a safari rig. Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts