John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people
well I must say this 850i trail w/power steering is quite impressive (owned 5 rangers before) the ride ,the power, the comfort is spot on. Had my friends rip it (owners of rzrs, commanders,rhinos,) they all said the same thing. Once John Deere refines this thing LOOK OUT!!!
some of the issues I have are the cab noise(mines fully cabbed)
ground clearance- there could be more (stock)
can we get rid of the governor?? ( is it possible??) the Ranger 900 can do 60mph why cant this??
and finally...............
at least key the thing so my brothers Z trac lawn mower key wont strart it..................TRUE STORY:eek:
I think JD has a lot of potential in the sport /utility segment , I cant wait to see what they got in the wing for the pure sport segment!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've noticed the key from the Gator is the same as the key in my X300 mower.. Never tried to start it though lol. Clearance is a bit of an issue, but the aftermarket can help remedy that. As far as the governor, I believe that there are programmers and the like available. Not sure if they're capable of deleting the governor all together though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Iv had mine at 57mph and trust me at the speed the motor is turning over 7grand thats enough for me. the key thing is how deere is to keep cost down on different styles of keys and it helps them make money so customers can just go buy a new one rather than get a blank to get it cut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts