John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2019 825i that started boiling water out of the plastic radiator fill reservoir and fan not running and heat guage not even half way. Very strange to me. Need advice. Money tight right now so hoping for simple fix

·
Administrator
3,821 Posts
Have 2019 825i that started boiling water out of the plastic radiator fill reservoir and fan not running and heat guage not even half way. Very strange to me. Need advice. Money tight right now so hoping for simple fix
Sounds like a bad thermostat

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Possible Head gasket problem.

Should investigate thoroughly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for advice, found out problem. The temperature sensor that’s screws in side of motor was broke off smooth with motor wall. Evidently a stick or something found it’s way up in there and sheared it off. Luckily removed with ease out and replaced in less than 5 minutes!! I was so thankful. I was told broken sensor wasn’t reading motor temperature so wasn’t telling fan to come on so it got hot and wasn’t reading right motor temp because it was broke off and hanging outside motor. Works good now. 47$ bucks, so thankful. Thanks again. Oh, and something I noticed while this problem was going on my machine was not throttling down as usually, don’t know why but when I would let off gas it took a few seconds before it would idol down or slow down. As soon as I replaced temp sensor that went away! Thanks again

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
FYI.

On some models there are two temperature sensors. One is a temperature switch that at a predefined temperature changes states (open/close) and the other has variable output proportional to temperature that is often tied to a temperature gauge.

The switch is typically used to turn on the cooling fan while the variable sensor handles the gauge display.

Glad to hear the main problem was resolved economically with minimal effort.

Reactions: eyeboltman
1 - 6 of 6 Posts