John Deere Gator Forums banner

gator questions,

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  200mph 
#1 ·
I bought a gator 825i is what it says on the side, but the vin tag says 825e, the vin number 1m0825gecfm101461 everything i pull up on mother deers' parts site says its an '11 but i dont know for sure as i couldn't verifty the last six on there website, It has 15k miles and 2500 hrs, i paid 3k for it. I dont know much about the gators but i wrench on yamahas and polaris quite a bit. if anyone can tell me a little bit about the machine id really apreciate it. it does need some work but it runs pretty smooth and drives decent except for some unwanted body roll. First post here but sure wont be my last

#3 ·
I was not aware JD used the letter “e” as a sub model identifier for the 825 in 2011?
If you take the PIN (which is Deere’s terminology for a VIN) to a JD dealership they should be able to provide you a list of all work and history completed at a dealership.
I believe any Deere counter person can find this information in their “warranty computer system“.

Please report back your findings

#5 ·
Ahh now I understand, Deere bases their parts within a range of numbers or the last six digits (serial numbers) of the PIN (Product Identification Number) they also have breaks within a range of these numbers.

When breaks in the range of numbers (serial numbers) occur part numbers and diagrams can change. In your case the last six numbers indicate the parts and diagrams for your 2014 825e fall within the serial numbers of a 2011 and your 2014.

It is important to note the Date of Manufacture does not really matter, Deere bases their parts and diagrams on the serial numbers or the last six digits of the PIN.

Clear as mud ?

#7 ·
humm... the DOM or Date of Manufacture on the PIN placard is showing 12/11/2014 ..so I guess that is close enough to a 2015 for Deere.

#9 ·
Could be they use ISO 8601 standard which is formatted YYMMDD. This would make is built on November 14, 2012. :unsure:

Reactions: Bradhill
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.