John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-
We have a gator TE ~ 2010.
When I step on accelerator the gator moves but only 2-3 mph.
Replaced attenuator at suggestion of JD dealer. No improvement.
Sometimes the Gator runs fine, but lately more often than not moves only very slowly. Pumping the accelerator doesn't help, BUT hitting the battery switch next to drivers seat on/off does briefly correct problem.

We are located on an island on St Lawrence, so bringing it in for service involves a barge trip and flatbed ride. . . so I'd obviously like to avoid that.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hello-
BUT hitting the battery switch next to drivers seat on/off does briefly correct problem.
Wouldn't that be a big clue to at least remove, inspect and clean to bare metal the connections to make certain there is good electrical continuity? Do you know how to use a electrical test meter (volt meter)?

Given your travel difficulties, I suggest you purchase the workshop manual so you have good electrical schematics, an understanding of how the unit functions and the proper test meter.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was doing something very similar to that. Is the controller giving a flashing light sequence after it enters the slower mode? I'm going to assume that it is giving you the code for no input from speed control. Turning it off and on from the service switch will reset the controller and it will work for a short bit or just for a burst until it senses no input from speed control sensor which is located on the end of the motor. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speed sensor on motor housing was the problem. The clip connection was loose. Exactly right, hitting the service switch was briefly resetting the control module.

Mine was doing something very similar to that. Is the controller giving a flashing light sequence after it enters the slower mode? I'm going to assume that it is giving you the code for no input from speed control. Turning it off and on from the service switch will reset the controller and it will work for a short bit or just for a burst until it senses no input from speed control sensor which is located on the end of the motor. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts