John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member to a very helpful forum. Thanks for all the advice and ideas. If weren't for this site I would never had bought mine. Since then my wife and I have had great adventures. I have done a lot of very helpful upgrades so far. 30 inch maxxis bighorn, 2" lift kit from superatv, power steering from superatv, 42" light bar, stereo and lighted whip. Most of these upgrades were needed for better riding and few were necessary. We have been to windrock tenn a lot and planning on royal blue this summer. As for now we are happy with everything. However I am running warm to hot at times. Thinking of relocating my radiator next???

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome what gator do you have?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like you got it pretty hooked up!

Now let's see some pictures.... Lots of pictures!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Post some pics when you can..as for relocating the radiator I wouldn't its in a great place. I have heard of several bikes running a bit warm but its normal from what JD says. Its not odd for mine to run with 1 bar in the black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gator pix

I am not sure it worked yet, but I believe I attached photos of light bar and whip pictures. They are at night and in shop so far. I will get daylight pix of it as soon as this alabama winter lets up. The gator is the trail rsx 850i.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
how does the gator like them 30s in the mud??

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!! From the 1 pic, looking good. I really like the light bar mount. Where did you get it, or did you make it????

My RSX spins my 29.5 OL2s just fine in the mud. You would not think that heavy of a tire is even there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gator upgrades.

Trying my hardest to figure out how to get these pix from my phone to the site. The machine is a 2012 gator rsxi 850. But as far as the info goes:
The light bar was bought off eBay. I built the bracket to hold it because the only bracket they offered did not work with windshield and roof. Taking into concideration that it would effected by limbs I recessed it the most I could.
The snorkle kit took the most adapting. This because I actually had to cut the original equipment to mount it. But I have been in rushing creek that got my lap wet( on somewhat accident). Was scared it would suck up water.
The power steering was the easiest. The gator even has a 12v supply wire already built in. And it works fine. Especially while locked into lock diff. And best of all I am not worried about pulling steering wheel off.
The whip was simple as well but really just a wife upgrade. She thought it looked pretty. No real wiring there. Just added a marine switch to the batt for both light bar and the whip.
The tires was bought off eBay as well. The gator turns them just fine. So fine in fact I sold the originals. They go where I would never intentionally put the gator. I really enjoyed bighorn traction so I stuck with it.
The radio I made it because I simply was not going to pay what they wanted for the sound system. All it is, is a amp in a box with 2 6x9 Polk audio with mp3 wire running to reach. [/ATTACH]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts