John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My machine has been acting up over the last 2 weeks or so. Would take 2 to three turns of the ignition to get the machine to fire up. Once warm, no problem. Anyway, took machine to town on Saturday to give it a good pressure washing. Started right up thereafter and drove it home. Parked it over night and went to fire it up on Sunday morning. No go!! It briefly fired up but immediately died. Wouldn't fire thereafter. I have NO error codes. I had some water problems last year where I had spark and good fuel. The dealership told me it was the 02 sensors on the exhaust. I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms (I still have good spark and good fuel). I ordered two new 02 sensors this morning to replace myself. Deere had to order them so they won't be here till Wednesday. Anyway, I'll give an update, but any input in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you drive threw water? If so have you relocated the vent hose away from the terrible factory location?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a bad lower right o2 sensor and the only way I knew was the service light. It ran fine either way. I cleared the code and no more light. I find it unlikely both sensors went bad at the same time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine wouldnt start ive replaced my wiring harness, my throttle body had a messed up relay in it, now its throwing o2 sensor codes replaced them today and still running like crap. i believe my throttle body is bad do yall have any opinions

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the JD parts train didn't deliver to the dealership by 5:00 p.m. today, so I'm stuck with another 24 hour delay. I feel your pain on the electrical issue. I'm really curious to see if the 02 sensors are my problem. That is what the dealership represented last summer and I am experiencing the exact same symptoms. Similar to last summer, I show NO error codes. Looks like about a 20 minute job to put the new sensors in. If no fire after that I will take to Deere, spend another $1200 and make my decision on keeping the machine thereafter. I really enjoy the power and novelty of the 850i, however the glitches like this make me really uncomfortable for the long term. I have about 5000 miles on my machine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O2 sensors definitely ain't the problem! I'll have Deere pick it up and brace for the bill. Sucks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gator returned in less than 48 hours. Big thanks to JD service, top notch. Anyway, problem seemed to be attributable to moisture in the throttle body ECU. I was informed that if the problem persists, the ECU will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good to hear. Is there a way to seal the throttle body off or dielectric grease the connectors on the ecu?

I only ask as I'd hate to run into the same issues in the future. Keep us updated with your progress please.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts