John Deere Gator Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a gator xuv 835r and my dealer was gonna deliver it tomorrow but he just told me there was a recall on the gator and they had to wait for John Deere to release it. Has anyone heard any news of this or know what it might be?

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
.....Has anyone heard any news of this or know what it might be?

I have read there maybe an issue with the throttle cable attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone who has an xuv 835 should get your serial number and call John Deere and see what they say. 800-527-8233

·
Super Moderator
2,703 Posts
Someone who has an xuv 835 should get your serial number and call John Deere and see what they say. 800-527-8233

As the buyer, you should be able to ask the dealership what specifically does the recall entail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just called and he told me it says something about the routing of the throttle cable and if it’s routed wrong it could melt and stick. He said they are waiting to find out the proper routing of the cable and if the one I am buying is right or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 835m and got the recall letter a few days ago. Called the dealer right away and took it in the next afternoon and picked it up the next afternoon. It really was no big deal other than having to borrow a trailer to transport.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my 865r there’s a wire harness under box back close to box hinge point on drivers side that was sitting on exhaust / tail pipe mount point that. On mine exhaust mount melted the plastic protective covering I noticed it before it got to wires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Their recall! Their trailer! My dealer is going to send out someone to look and see if it's routed correctly first! Before bringing it in. seems smart to me

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea my dealer sent someone out to my area to look at a couple others around here and all were well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the letter from John Deere a few weeks ago for my 835R. Dealer sent a tech out to inspect all machines they sold.
Mine was checked about a week ago -- no issue with mine. Tech said he hadn't seen one yet with incorrect cable routing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts