John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 John Deere XUV550 (olive/black)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our used Gator XUV550, runs very well. Looking underneath there is a skid plate by the back left axel (see picture), but there is not a matching skidplate over the back right axel- although the frame has holes for mounting bolts.

A picture is included of the back-left skid plate, is there supposed to be a matching back right skid plate?

Thans.
Wood Rectangle Metal Pattern Fashion accessory

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have been thru that and I don't see a right rear skid plate- but I may have missed it.

This picture shows where the bottom left plate is (yellow), but there is not a matching plate to the right, covering the drive shaft, top of motor/flywheel, etc. There are holes in the frame that match the holes on the left side, making me think there should be one.

Just curious if all 550's only have a left skid plate like mine, or if it is missing. I'd be surprised if there isn't one, as everything else is covered.

Thanks!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guess that is the answer- not built with a right skid plate, despite having potential mounting holes for one. Glad to know it wasn't "misplaced" by the dealership or the previous owner!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts