John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gator XUV 550 and it will not shift out of gear unless you turn the engine off. It has only 43 hrs on it, but warranty ran out last month. Any ideas?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!!!!

I would think a linkage adjustment or something wrong with the primary. Have you taken it to the dealer? Under Warranty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
550 Transmission

I have a Gator XUV 550 and it will not shift out of gear unless you turn the engine off. It has only 43 hrs on it, but warranty ran out last month. Any ideas?
I've heard somewhere that there is a problem with the weights on the secondary clutch not releasing properly. Also that JD has redesigned the clutch addressing this problem. I don't know if this truth or not. I would advise checking with your dealer to check on this. Possibly an issue to be covered by warranty. Like someone once told me " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Go for it, ask the dealer. By the way I have a 550 with 18 hrs. with the same problem.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got my 550 S4 back 2 weeks ago after replacing the secondary and primary clutch. Took it out for first time for real work out. Shifted great, better than before. Plowed through deep sand without a problems where others were getting stuck. I'm very happy. I'm going to start replacing all the bolts with 440 stainless. I'm worried about rust because I live on Padre Island. Also just in case I bought an extra year on the warrentee. Happy Gator owner :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts