John Deere Gator Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the gators the other day I really like them but I hear a lot of problems on here. Should I get one or not?? Does everybody enjoy them? Btw I am trading my rhino in pry a big step up from that. Thanks for any replys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was shopping for a machine for the better part of 2 years before I pulled the trigger on my 825i a month ago. Love the machine so far! I have a couple of small questions for the dealer then next time I'm there but otherwise very satisfied.

I think you'll find fanboys and whiners for ANY brand machine on that brand's forums. Check out the rhino clones as an example. Forums are full of absolute horror stories and upgrade options and things to do when you first get your "new clone" yet if you ask any of them how they like the machine they respond the same "LOVE IT!"... uh huh.... i bet! $8K Chinese machine is great! just change the clutch outta the box, drain and refill it, check all the nuts and bolts, and the $3K other things to do to it before you even think of letting it out of your yard.

My point is that any machine is gonna be both great and give you a migraine from time to time. That's where the forum comes in. I used to sell cars and for every 10 that went out the door 1 or 2 had a complaint about SOMETHING, but the other 8 or 9...? No comments, neither good OR bad. Good is so much harder to see because it's expected to be there when you pay that much for something. If it works the way it's supposed to and that's what you paid for then "no problems, no comment/whining" but the minute that little *&%$er lets you down you know that dealer and everyone you meet is gonna know about it!!! It's just the human condition.

I chose my gator because I sat in and drove every other brand on the market (at least in western PA) and wasn't impressed with the differences in the machines until I drove the gator. It felt more solid, rode smoother, was quieter, had more power, came with a better warranty, and was at a dealer I know isn't going anywhere unlike the ones that pop up at car lots and disappear the next month. It does what I want it to do and I can't ask for more than that!

NO it won't beat a RZR in a drag race... :-( BUT, it WILL DRAG a RZR around a racetrack with a chain! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts